Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Mixed Media Wall Art Vintage Look

I love the look of vintage, worn and loved items. Clearly I am not the only one as more and more people are creating using old found objects. This was the feel I was going for with this piece with a modern twist. I used some elements from the Dreaming kit  http://craftylink.com/page/monthly-kit
some old lace I picked up at a garage sale, some die cut snowflakes I cut apart, markers.a couple of pieces of printed fabric, a stencil, some paint and a little bling to top it off. I still need to add some ribbon to hang it with but I have to find the right one to compliment it. I often work in stages, some pieces take me weeks to complete and some just a few days. This piece evolved over a couple of days until I was happy with it. I will post a photo when I find the ribbon so you can see the completed piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment